Softway Medical :
Germitec, an affiliate of the GRED Group
- Germitec, a French company specialising in medical hygiene
Germitec designs and commercialises high-tech medical hygiene systems.
Germitec developed Antigermix, an automated unit for the disinfection of heat-sensitive medical instruments (such as ultrasound probes) using UVC radiation and optimised hygiene traceability.
- Germitec business
- Design and manufacturing of innovating automated disinfection units: AS1 – AE1
- Requirements analysis and design of software and traceability solutions: GERMITRAC
- Installing and setting up these materials, with on-site training.
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of these solutions.
- Telephone assistance for the customer/user.
- Germitec, an affiliate of the GRED Group
Germitec is owned by the GRED Group, a French holding company which currently employs 400 people and includes several healthcare companies. Germitec benefits from the experience and expertise of GRED, a reference in high-tech medical products.
- GRED Group
Since its creation in 1978, the GRED Group has always been at the forefront of innovations in the medical field.
The GRED Group has thus contributed to the development and emergence of medical imaging and medical software solutions (RIS, PACS, HIS and teleradiology).
Through its various companies, GRED currently designs, sells and maintains numerous healthcare solutions, divided into 6 main areas:
- Information systems for hospitals, nurses and physiotherapists (Microconcept), and radiology (Waid)
- Teleradiology (CGTR)
- Healthcare networks, healthcare data sharing and hosting (DMP, DPP) (SNR)
- PACS – Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (Waid)
- Chemistry (Emulsia)
- Medical hygiene systems (Germitec)
In 1995, ultrasound practitioners approached the GRED Group to find a rapid, effective and ecological solution to disinfect probes while complying with regulations. This lead to the Germitec project.
Germitec owns the exclusive rights to use UVC light for intermediate and high level disinfection of external and endocavitary ultrasound probes. This invention is protected by French, European and international patents.
- The Germitec team
Germitec employs approximately 10 people, forming a dynamic team with different skills.
The Managing Director, Clément Deshays, oversees 3 complementary departments:
- The innovation department, working on the development of Antigermix and of new products.
- The sales department, in charge of sales and customer relations.
- The service department, responsible for the setting-up, maintenance and follow-up of Germitec high-tech solutions.
Germitec is certified ISO 9001 & 13485 (by LNE/G-MED, a certification body in the medical field), CE 0459, and Awarded:
"Innovative Company" and "Winner of the PM'up contest organized by the Ile-de-France regional council"